Providers wanting to register to apply for Accreditation in the Commercial Airline Medical Escort category must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Sufficient operational experience / maturity
Operational experience includes a minimum of 2 years of CAME flight operation and/or a minimum of 130 medical flights performed
- Dedicated qualified personnel & infrastructure
Staff and infrastructure must be adequate for CAME operations
- Suitable Equipment
The equipment used must be suitable and adequate to perform safe aero-medical transportation on Commercial Flights
If operational experience is not met by the provider applying for accreditation it is up to the Board to debate whether alternate eligibility criteria is sufficient.
Information considered by the Board includes:
- Proof of previous operational air ambulance capability or experience in air charter for aeromedical transport activity (for instance a merger or spin-off of prior activity).
- More than 75 completed medical flights
- Unequivocally positive references/letters of recommendation from two major clients such
- Medical assistance companies
- Government bodies
- Other accredited EURAMI programs
The program applying for an exempt for registration to Accreditation must present all three of the above criteria.